Sunday, March 27, 2011

spring break update

what have i been doing during my spring break? 
seriously lacking any effort to blog. 
maybe it's because i've been taking it easy, or maybe because i'm not procrastinating any homework. either way, it's time to put an end to it!
that aside, i have been enjoying my time off extremely well....
and while a majority of my friends are either in hawaii or california, i've found some things to do at home. in rainy washington :)
to sum it up: sleep, mad men, shopping, baking, and family.
i wish i could do this all the time, but i'm sure some of it would lose it's appeal ;)


[MAD MEN]
i've been planning since what seems like forever to rent Mad Men and watch all four seasons before the 5th one gets started (if it ever does...) i've only gotten through the first season and the first half of the second season, which isn't bad! i'll have to wait until summer [june 8th...june 8th....] to finish the rest. it's safe to say i'm ADDICTED to this show. oh my goodness. the drama, the 1960s costumes, the manner in which it's written/acted --- l-o-v-e. it always keeps me guessing.....which keeps me watching.


[SHOPPING]

i can't get over these shoes. not only are they adorable, but i got them for super cheap [and with no sales tax ;) ] in portland. i've been looking for a pair of heels that are a beige/nude color, and couldn't quite describe what i wanted until i saw these. and the the ruffle and peep-toe, it doesn't get any better. 
steve madden is genius. along with a trip to ikea, and multiple other stores, my shopping quota is filled....for now.

[BAKING]

[s'mores cookies]

[cookie dough truffles]
ahhh, baking. for weeks and weeks, stumbleupon has been tempting me with delicious recipes. due to living in a dorm, and my lack of time, i haven't been able to make anything. i saved the best recipes, and got down to business once i got home. in addition to my nutella cupcakes (see last post) and these two gems, i've been busy! the truffles are seriously the best thing i have ever made. the s'mores cookies are a close second....i've truly outdone myself. it's a good thing i live with 20 other girls to share these with, or else i would be OBESE. let me know if you want these recipes -- i definitely recommend them!

and last, but definitely not least....
[FAMILY]
i've gotten to spend some (actually, a lot) of time with my parents this week which has been really nice. also, since my sister/brother-in-law/niece were in D-land this weekend, i also got to spend time with my younger niece, harper. she is getting so big! i can't believe she's almost one year old. every time i took the camera out, she made this face. [i think she's been conditioned ;)] i can't get over it -- so cute. 

that's about it -- i'm off to watch as much mad men as i can before i leave on tuesday.
have a blessed night :)
LOVE-

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Birky,
    I am ever so sorry that your spring break wasn't very eventful. That is why you must come to Cali for summer.
    Sincerely,
    JDawg

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha no worries...it's all good!!
    but yes i want to!!! SO bad :)
    miss you jdawg!!!

    ReplyDelete