Monday, May 2, 2011

first sunburn of the year.

only i, chandler christine birky, could ANNIHILATE my skin on a 67 degree april day in seattle.
i apparently did not realize the exposure i was subjecting myself to....for 2-3 hours.
it felt so good laying out there though!
you know what doesn't feel good now? showers. and sleeping.
yesterday, i decided to go outside and do my homework in the sun. seemingly harmless right? everyone else and their mom was out there too....so i found a nice spot across from the basketball court and apparently lost track of time while i was working.
first, i realized my left leg was feeling quite warm later on and when i looked down, it was bright red. once i lifted up my legging, i realized i had a perfect line that divided my vanilla white skin from my new, strawberry-colored skin. hope says all i need is chocolate (mud?? dirt??) and i will be neapolitan. hahaha. my brother also called me "crab leg"....can't say i didn't have that one coming.
the best part of this whole thing is that it's ONLY my left shin and my right arm/shoulder/back. and my nose. and i may or may not have parted my hair differently to hide my pink scalp....why? i don't really know. i knew i crossed my legs for part of the time, but not the whole time i was outside. i knew i should have changed positions....
i was talking on the phone to my mom and she warned me that i might burn, but i didn't think i would. plus i have a cold, so i wanted to enjoy the sun instead of being stuck inside. well, she was right. sorry mom....
a word of advice: don't let, sun/vitamin D-deprived-college-students out into the sun without sunscreen. 
even if it's only 67 degrees.


here is photographic evidence:
the perfect line i was talking about.....
wow. even i am speechless....
the difference between the two.
and lastly, my right shoulder/back/face.

cheers to peeling!
and an eventual tan. (even if it's only on certain parts of my body....)


at least it's raining today......gotta love bi-polar washington weather.

1 comment:

  1. imagine whats going to happen when you go to hawaii....hahaha i think im going to make you a hawaii care package with SPF 150 or whatever it is you white kids use these days ;)))

    ReplyDelete