Thursday, October 7, 2010

domo arigato, mr. roboto


As most of you know, i love 80s music. i always have, and probably always will. in fact right now, i'm listening to "raspberry beret" by prince from my '80s pop' on pandora. (shout out to my sister on this one!) i don't know if it's the fact that i can dance to most of them, or that, at least to me, they all sound different and have their own sound. originality is hard to come across these days.

moving on, the title to my blog post if you haven't figured out is from the iconic song, mr. roboto by styx. i get to do the robot, by myself, in front of basically the whole school. how did i get blessed with such an opportunity? my floormates volunteered me. haha but in all seriousness, i'm pretty excited to do it, since i do it anyway to most music. let me back up a little - tonight is fusion, which is where all the floors on campus have to do a skit or dance or whatever - in front of everyone. my floor chose to do evolution of dance (mom & dad, youtube this and you'll know what i'm talking about). unfortunately, two other floors on campus had the exact same idea.....we'll just have to be better. or go first. since the actual version is 6 minutes, and we can only have it be 3 min max, we're cutting some out. along with the robot, my friend hope and i are doing ice ice baby, and can't touch this. last night during our practice, we videotaped ourselves and not to pat myself on the back or anything, but we looked pretty good. i guess all those years of dance paid off! hopefully my energy and anticipation will overpower my nervousness. even though there is no prize for this showcase of talent, it will be the glory of knowing we did our best and got out there. our performance is at 8 tonight - wish me luck! i'm off to do homework - my sole purpose for existing.
love love love

2 comments:

  1. shout out noted. Rags Mary wore Rags is a classic...;) All I have to say is it CANNOT be worse than our dance at Fusion. We did the LION KING and Ash and I were Timon and Pumba. I wore trash bags. It was a sight to be seen...post the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA oh my gosh that is so great. i wish i could have seen yours! mine is on my fb page :)

    ReplyDelete