Sunday, October 3, 2010

dark elevators and broken dryers.

the title pretty much says it all....in ashton hall, the laundry rooms are located on the 4th floor. 4th west is the boys' side, and 4th east is the girls' side. there are laundry rooms on both sides, so i went to the girls side. i washed my clothes.....and then when it was time to dry them, i put them into the dryer. there were only 2 out of 8 that were free and i happened to pick the broken one. after putting my clothes in, i put in my 75 cents and pushed "colors". it preceded to say "86 minutes" and would not start. when i tried to get my quarters back out, they wouldn't come out. luckily, the other dryer ended up working, and did not rip me off. do not use dryer #8! when i came back up exactly 36 minutes later (thank you timer!) i used the elevator. as the doors were closing, it began to get dimmer and dimmer until it was pitch black. i'm not especially fond of elevators, and i am especially not fond of PITCH BLACK elevators. especially when i was by myself. it also smelled like sweat. gross. sorry if this sounds pessimistic - i just had to get my frustrations out!
have a lovely night :)

2 comments:

  1. Once I was swimming at 6:30 in the morning at a big indoor pool...no lifeguards...me and one other guy (a stranger)...the power went out. PITCH BLACKNESS in the pool. SCARY. I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that sounds like a nightmare! ok mine doesn't sound as bad anymore haha :)

    ReplyDelete