Friday, February 11, 2011

mission: contentment.

something i've been struggling with lately is being content. i always want more, or something different.
i feel like i am never satisfied with what i have and it's kind of pathetic.
i think i am a glutton.....i constantly overeat and then feel sick afterwards and guilty for doing it. i feel like if i don't get that "full" feeling, then i'll be hungry within an hour.
or i'll look on facebook, or watch tv, and look at all the fun other people are having, and wonder why my life isn't like that.
my lack of contentment i think also has to do with jealousy. it's wanting something i don't have. why can't i appreciate what i do have?
the truth is, when i take a look at the big picture, i am content. i have a family who loves me. i have good friends. i am in a supporting, christian environment. i go to school in one of the most beautiful cities in the country. i am lucky to be where i am. i should be not only content, but thankful everyday for what God has blessed me with. the key is to look for the positives in everything, and find something good in every day.

i find this verse so encouraging:
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'"
Hebrews 13:5
in the end; it doesn't really matter. I always have God. and that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment