Sunday, July 15, 2012

20 candles.

today, i turned the big 2-0. twenty. two decades. 
how crazy right?! ....as my brother said, "i can't believe you're freakin 20. that makes me feel so old."


the older i get, the more appreciative i am of what i have and who i have to share it with. yes, presents are nice, and it's good to treat yourself, but at the end of the day, i am overwhelmed with all the blessings in my life. i have such sweet, thoughtful, generous friends and a loving and supporting family. one of my favorite parts of the day was the laughter....i laughed so hard tears were coming down.
enough with the sap though ;)
i started the day at my sister's and then went to brunch at the original house of pancakes with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and nieces. soooo good. later on i claimed my free birthday drink at starbucks and then went shopping. around 6, jourdan picked me up to go to dinner at the old spaghetti factory in tacoma! it was so yummy. they even sang happy birthday to me with spumoni....i also realize the older i get, the more i don't like everyone's attention on me. i guess i just had to take it with a grain of salt - i mean how often do people sing to you in public, right? we did get offered a wine/cocktail menu even though only one of us was 21. so that made me feel older. we finished off the night with dessert at BJ's....a pizooki to be exact (warm red velvet cake with ice cream on top) seriously the BEST dessert i've ever had. if only i would have gotten a picture of that....all i can say is that i'm going back.
my venti caramel macchiato. 
had to get the shoes in!
my beautiful flowers from jourdan :)
 jour & me!
 with my birthday spumoni!
 tori, sheldyn, me, jourdan, taylor
my hat was so big it covered tay!


today was everything i could have wanted - and more. and while i want it to last much longer, it simply won't! but i will enjoy the last 32 minutes....

No comments:

Post a Comment