Wednesday, October 5, 2011

songwriter extraordinaire.

i have a confession:
i often think of songs i can re-write that relate to my life in an amusing way....usually in class, instead of paying attention. sue me ;)


i tried to find an old blog post of my last song re-write, but i apparently didn't even share it with my loyal blog readers! weird. last year, hope & I re-wrote miley cyrus's "the climb" -- first, because we hate miley cyrus and that song, and secondly, because it was about "climbing" up the hill to ashton 3-5x a day. hence the new title, "the climb: ashton style". we even made a "music video".....which hopefully never surfaces. if i'm being completely honest, hope wrote most of it, because she is really good at that kind of thing. 
but this one......it's all me.


remember that song from the 90s by paula cole called "where have all the cowboys gone?" ? i'm sure you would recognize it if you heard it. don't remember paula cole? she apparently won a grammy (thank you wikipedia).
anyway....so i was sitting in animal bio this afternoon waiting for class to start and thinking to myself "yikes...where are all the cute boys?" and then i thought of the song "where have all the cowboys gone" which turned into my masterpiece creation, "where have all the cute boys gone?" it's not completely finished, it's still a work in progress. 
but i'll give you a sample of it :


"the cute ones are never near, you see
I'll never get my ring by spring
or my MRS degree
it's like a constant competition
a free-for-all, even
just to get a nod down the street"


now, i'm not claiming to be a great songwriter, the title of this post is meant to be sarcastic. that said, i think it's fun to see what you can come up with. and as long as it's fun, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment