Wednesday, April 13, 2011

update.

i think i have a life. it's a weird feeling!
i have been crazy busy these past couple of days amazingly. 
"with what, exactly?" you might be thinking...


on monday, i enjoyed the beautiful sunshine by taking an hour-long walk around queen anne. i got lost about 4 times, but i didn't care. it was so great to just explore and find shortcuts. plus, the houses are so pretty that it doesn't matter if i end up walking twice as much to find my way back. my friend katie wanted to go to trader joe's in queen anne so i went with her after dinner. who even knew there was a trader joe's in queen anne? not me. in addition to that, we found top-pot donuts, right down the street. i had no idea i was within walking distance to it! i haven't been there; but it's my goal by the end of the quarter to go. on our way back, we took a detour to the elementary school and swung on the swings. i forgot how much i loved going on the swings. it brought back memories. it was still daylight when we got back around 8. i love the spring!

on tuesday, to take advantage of the sunshine, a few girls from my floor and i went to gasworks to take pictures. we took so many; but these are my favorites. enjoy! shout out to kimberly & emily for these shots.....they turned out so great :) i'm sure we will do this the next time a sunny spring day rolls around!
 me & emily
take two.
 me & stephanie
 sassy.


 frolicking.
 me & kimberly
best background ever.
 meadow.
posed.
 candid.
beautiful skyline.
 silly.
failed attempt at jumping picture....
 success!
 headshot.
the gas works!

after this fun excursion, we went to dinner and then to yoga at kula body movement in ballard.
disclaimer: i've had experience in yoga, from taking a PE class in high school that was mostly yoga, to taking them at my gym at home, but this one was different. unlike anything i've ever done: it was warm yoga. i'm sure you've heard of the "hot yoga" craze - where they turn up the temperature to 100 degrees or more while doing yoga, the idea behind this being more sweat = more calories burned/weight lost. this was not hot yoga, thankfully. it was only in the high 80s. i didn't really know what to expect....i started sweating even before the class started. i figured that wasn't a good sign. by the end, i was sweating in places i didn't even know had pores to sweat through. i wish i would have taken a picture - my makeup was smeared like crazy. i kind of felt like i'd been hit by a bus; but nevertheless, it was a good workout. and i am definitely feeling the after effects today.

today; i had class at 9:30 and 1:30. in between, i have been spraying bug spray like there's no tomorrow (i found 6 of those awful creatures on my desk today....see here), doing homework, and fasting. i'm sorry this blog post is so excruciatingly long; maybe it's to keep my mind off of my hungry stomach...and i have small group at 6:30 tonight.

through all my busy-ness, i am continually thankful for all that God has provided me with. my outlook, my friends and people that i am surrounded by, and even my schoolwork. 
i am so blessed.
LOVE.



2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I showed Harper your post for her birthday and she just kept pointing at the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! haha she knows who it is ;)

    ReplyDelete