Wednesday, September 28, 2011

home sweet dorm.

i'm alive!!!! i have survived the first three days of classes. it's not going too bad yet -- although this morning i woke up with a scratchy throat and a bit of a stuffed nose. typical....hopefully i'll be immune later on in the year :) i can only hope!
these past five days have been so incredibly busy i literally have not had a second of free time to do things i actually want to do, like blog, so for that i apologize. 
currently, i have the room to myself for a few hours while my roommate taylor is in class. i am on my bed (excuse me, BUNK bed) and am nursing my head from hitting it on the ceiling and listening to some billy joel (random, i know.) in the picture below, you can see for yourself how close i am to the ceiling.....i can't sit upright on my bed without hitting it (as i've found out).... but that's alright, it's better to sit on taylor's bed because it's closer to the tv.

i would describe more of what i've been up to the past few days, but this post is solely dedicated to my new digs. aside from being in the basement...(literally, our view is a wall. i didn't know it was sunny until i went outside...) i really like our room and hall. and while we still have a few adjustments to make (lights, tv stand, etc.) it has such a home-y feel. taylor and i's goal is to never have the main overhead light on because it has a gross-laboratory-feel. so we use our mirror lights, desk lights, and other lamps to give it light. i love it.
some issues i've had....i totally underestimated my closet space...i brought waaaay too many clothes to fit in their normally. so everything is kind of squashed in. but my shoes fit nicely! somehow.....

(when i was taking these pictures, i dropped my camera when it was still on and its screen went all fuzzy. now the screen shakes when i take a picture....i wonder if it's still under warranty...hm....)

without further ado; here is the virtual tour of hill hall 176.

guess who's desk this is......hahaha
i have an abundance of pictures, i know...
tay's side....i feel cluttered compared to her! 
our lofted bunk beds....see how close i am to the ceiling?
my dresser/vanity....i can only see from half of my chest up. hahaha
my closet....isn't it cute?? there's also a mirror inside on the right side.
the back shelf/printer area....still working on organizing this.
tv area.....still waiting on tv stand. (if you're reading this dixon, i will personally drive up to bellingham and take it out of your room if you don't give it back. :) ) note my alan poster! complete with satchel.
taylor's view from her desk....i wasn't kidding when i said it was a wall. when i told my brother we lived in a dungeon, he said "cool....where mold and stale oxygen thrive" thanks brosef.


& if you need a laugh......
that disgusting splatter happened on the very first night. it was like 1am and we heard this SPLAT sound....my first thought: "oh my gosh this is vomit" but it turned out to be cereal that reeked of peanut butter. the worst part was that my window was open....but thankfully none of it got in our room. i love living on the first floor.....
if this happens again, somebody is getting a black eye.

have a great day! 
enjoy the sun.
i know i am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment