Monday, December 27, 2010

i guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough....

the only thing constant is change.
kind of ironic, right?
the only thing that is always happening nonstop, is change. when i think about all the changes i've gone through in the last 6 months, the last year, the last five years, it's a lot to process.
i just finished my first quarter of college, i graduated high school, i've met tons of new people, the list goes on.
let me give you a visual :
age 13 : 8th grade. note my braces, lack of makeup, and unfortunate hair color/lack of straightener
(i'm sorry for posting this carly, please forgive me!!)

me now.
age 18 : first year of college.
hopefully an improvement.....

as my mother likes to say, when we moved we were "forced into changing" which is true in a lot of respects. throughout it, i've learned you just have to go with the flow and adjust accordingly.
when i was younger, i used to HATE change. i absolutely detested it. i didn't want what was familiar to me to ever go away. but in the timespan of just one year, i became a teenager, i moved away from the place i had lived since i was born (in middle school nonetheless), my brother went to college, my sister got married, i knew absolutely NOBODY and suddenly i was feeling very alone.
but as i've gotten older, i've realized things change, people change, that's life. c'est la vie. it does no good to hold on to what you can't change, or worse, the past.
i think what got to me most about change was not having any control over my life. i don't think i'm a controlling person (for the most part) but i like having familiarity.

now that i stop to think about it.... i have quite a different outlook. i change my clothes at least three times a day. i change the layout of my blog practically every time i post something. my thoughts waking up are usually completely different by the time i go to bed. i'm seriously considering study abroad, which is something i never would have thought of doing a year or two ago.
my piece of advice : life is short, do what you love, and don't look back.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful advice! I can see you changing by the minute! And traveling abroad is an awesome idea:)

    ReplyDelete