Thursday, November 11, 2010

thankful.

at the risk of sounding corny, as thanksgiving approaches, i'm taking time to look around and appreciate the whos and whats in my life. as i'm sure many people have done on their blogs/facebooks/tumblrs, etc. i'm going to list one for each day of november thus far.
here we go.....
(in no particular order)
nov 1. my family - my parents, brother & sister especially. i appreciate each of you SO much.
nov 2. my friends, old & new - i miss my old friends terribly, but am so happy to be making new friends also :)
nov 3. school - higher education is making me better.....or is it bitter? haha kidding. i need this humbleness to become better. if i got As all the time, what would be the point of going to college??
nov 4. going to a christian school - i love how whipping out your bible in the middle of class to reference something doesn't make people feel uneasy, or cause death glares. i am so thankful for that alone.
nov 5. pandora.com - what would i do without my beatles station? or my 80s pop station? or my vampire weekend station? it's always on in the background.
nov. 6 living in community - i've never lived with people close to my age. which means i don't really know how to share or particularly like it, but i'm learning. you learn so much more about people when you live with them and see them constantly.
nov. 7 trying new things - i figure this is college, i'm never going to have an experience like this again in life, why not make the best of it? who cares what other people think? i'm going to make the most of it.
nov. 8 walking - everywhere. as much as i hate not having a car at times, i actually like walking places. whether it's going to queen anne, or fremont, or just around campus, i like walking and the sights i see on my way. plus it's exercise - so no workout room for me (yet...)
nov. 9 the desserts in gwinn - yiiiiikes. even if the food isn't great, the desserts are ALWAYS good. WHY?! that is not okay. my sweet tooth is far larger than my stomach - which is an issue.
nov. 10 pumpkin spice lattes - let's be honest, i'm a sucker for anything pumpkin-flavored. i get this literally everytime i go to starbucks all fall, because that's the only time it's offered. i can't get enough!
nov. 11 two weeks until i come home for thanksgiving break - can't wait!
LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment