Monday, January 16, 2012

3 day weekend [in pictures]

in my attempt to catch you up on my 3-day weekend, i am going to be using some visuals. half of these i stole from my friends hope & katie. the other half i took. these were all taken with a cell phone (although mine were not from an iPhone.....hence the cool instagrams) so bear with me.....
FRIDAY:
cupcake royale & beautiful sunset in ballard with hope
 cheering on stephanie at her gymnastics meet! [ps: we beat UW-lacrosse]
me & hope <3.
afterwards at menchie's! [from L to R: lindsey, me, hope, abby, & katie] notice my sample cup hahaha

SATURDAY:
babysitting little henry [who was sleeping] and their dog jack [the bigger one] and their friend's dog donovan [who both decided they wanted to sit with me on the loveseat....]
my hill where i got stuck. [this was taken seconds before my car was obliterated....]

 SUNDAY:
running errands with my dad....in my puff daddy jacket. [i kind of feel like the michelin man]
MONDAY:
my backyard. SO MUCH SNOW.
 the view from my porch
and my poor bug. [see the rimless front wheel?]

i went home this weekend to get some things done (LAUNDRY being #1...homework, baking, etc) and found myself in the first snowpocalypse of 2012. i was on my way home, and didn't see any snow until about 10 miles north of my house. i saw some snow lightly dusted on the side of the freeway and didn't think a whole lot of it. by the time i had taken exit 104, snow was falling and hitting my winshield. i somehow made it up tumwater hill, but once i tried to turn into our development (another hill) my front tires hit the curb and i got stuck. so i called my dad who rescued me and he tried to get in another entrance. my back tires slid out and we slammed into the curb HARD. we hit it so hard, that the front right rim broke off and our ride back home was very shaky (just like i was). what's important is that we weren't hurt, and we ended up making it home. i feel bad for my car though - it's like my baby :( we will be apart for awhile.
it's way snowier in olympia than it is in seattle, which is why i didn't believe my dad when he said there was a lot of snow. i just hope i can get out of my neighborhood later today to make it back up to school.



in other news:
  • on saturday, i had the pleasure of going to the metropolitan market in lower queen anne which CHANGED MY LIFE. seriously. it was the best grocery store experience i've ever had. thanks bekah - you da best.
  • my mother got a facebook while in texas for my aunt's birthday thanks to the help of my other aunt.....first texting, now facebook....what's next? an iPod? twitter?? this will be interesting.....
  • i won the yahtzee championship against my dad. i am going to use this public space to brag. I WON.
i will update you on the snow (cross your fingers for school cancellation!) as it progresses. or doesn't. 
have a wonderful day off (and if you don't, i hope your day is still wonderful despite that.)

1 comment:

  1. dude i rocked my puff daddy jacket all weekend too :) yayaya for us !

    ReplyDelete