Friday, June 3, 2011

G is for Golden Gardens

tonight, we went to Golden Gardens in Ballard. since I have my car (and a GPS!) this week, we decided to finally check it out. this is probably the closest thing to a "beach" from spu. i've been wanting to go the whole year and have a bonfire. while we didn't have one of our own, we did crash emerson hall's bonfire and snatched some s'mores.....and they were delicious. (i of course managed to light one of my marshmallows on fire...typical.)

other items of note: we were offered questionably illegal substances, invited to a "party" by some other questionable characters, and danced to the music from the wedding reception held in the building on the beach...the only downsides to the night were the smell of fire burned into my clothing and sand in everything....and i mean everything.
nevertheless; it was such a wonderful time to explore and spend time with some of my favorite people :)
enjoy this photo montage below:
 the beautiful landscape....and the 63 degree weather we were blessed with!
 frolicking.
 the view was incredible....love the sailboats!
 twins.
 hope, emily, & victoria
 my california baby didn't appreciate the cold water....
 northwest born and raised....note the long pants and jacket
 roomie.
 emily & I didn't get the "strike-a-pose" memo...
 attempt at getting all of us....
 winning.
 epic fail....can we please look at my face?? hahaha
 another failed attempt.
 ugh....so beautiful.
 :)
sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment